Don't these Mung Bean Sprouts look beautiful? That's because I sprouted them at home! Sprouting is so easy to do and so much more affordable and safer than store bought. You can sprout any dry seed or bean from the bulk bins or bags from the store. You can buy affordable organic beans and seeds from Whole Foods and Hoover's Essential Health Market in the Central Florida Area.
Here's what you do when you bring them home:
1. Pour one to two cups into a large glass bowl.
2. Sort through the beens or seeds to make sure there are no bad ones or rocks.
3. Rinse them well and then pour enough cold water over the top so they are covered at least 3 inches deep.
4. Let them sit over night or at least 8 hours.
5. Rinse the beans or seeds well and strain as much water as possible. You may have to use a fine seive for small seeds. Let the seeds/beans lay flat on a tray for the day. Repeat step 3, 4 and 5 until the beans/seeds become sprouted and the hulls start to fall off.
6. Dry your sprouts thoroughly before you put them in the refrigerator for storage in an airtight container that is cracked open to allow air flow.
Post a Comment